[RIF] please implement functions on plain-literals

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:56:00 -0400
To: public-rif-wg@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org
cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org

The spec that RIF co-created:

   rdf:PlainLiteral: A Datatype for RDF Plain Literals
   W3C Candidate Recommendation 11 June 2009
   http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-plain-literal/

contains six functions, two of which are "at risk".  This spec has been
in CR for more than two months, with the rest of OWL, but since OWL has
no need of these functions (they are just there for RIF), I don't think
anyone has tried implementing them.  This is a problem for OWL going to
PR and REC.

Could someone please try to move ahead with some bit of a RIF
implementation, making use of these six (pretty simple) functions?

If you think you can do this in the next week or two, please let me know
now, and if/when it's done, please send a statement explaining what you
did, and your view on the At Risk issues, to public-owl-comments@w3.org.

Thanks!