Re: reference and namespace for XML schema 1.1 datatypes

Dear,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>wrote:

> If we refer to XML Schema 1.1 Datatypes, I assume we shall use:
>
> [XML-SCHEMA2]
>    W3C XML Schema Definition Language (XSD) 1.1 Part 2: Datatypes, D.
> Peterson, S. Gao, A. Malhotra, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, H. S. Thompson
> (Editors), W3C Working Draft, World Wide Web Consortium, 30 January 2009, .
> Latest version available at http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/.
>
> - How is the policy here? Do we depend on them getting to rec before we can
> get to rec?

Yes
In "Organize a Recommendation Track Transition", you can read

[[
Does this specification have any normative references to W3C specifications
that are not yet Proposed Recommendations? *Note:* In general, documents do
not advance to Recommendation with normative references to W3C
specifications that are not yet Recommendations.
]]

> - I assume the namespaces for XML Schema datatypes, i.e.
>     http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#
>  just remains the same (hopefully, anything else would mean trouble),
>  right?

Well, it remains the same, but you have to remove the # sign

It is only http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>

But as before you can reference datatypes by doing
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>#int

Regards,

Mohamed

--