Re: Diatribe on why rif:iri consts should be left alone

Dave Reynolds wrote:
> Surely the extensibility argument could equally well be applied to the
> predicates and functions in DTB. Those are denoted by rif:iris and we
> are giving them a fixed interpretation, at least as externals.

It is precisely because of the extensibility issue that we require
External() to be written around external predicates and functions. If
the name, say, func:string-join is used outside External(), it is simply
an uninterpreted symbol, and DTB has nothing to say about it.

Jos

--
+43 1 58801 18470        debruijn@inf.unibz.it

Jos de Bruijn,        http://www.debruijn.net/
Many would be cowards if they had courage
enough.
  - Thomas Fuller