[BLD] PS specs amendments

From: Hassan Ait-Kaci <hak@ilog.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 05:47:25 -0700
To: <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
Hello,

In the light of the recent discussions regarding parsing the
RIF BLD into RIF XML, I would like to submit the following
to this WG to decide.

I propose to change the current RIF BLD EBNF to:

1. allow IRI's only within double quotes;

2. do perform not expansion of relative IRI's;

3. allow CURIE's everywhere as specified in the EBNF today
   as CONSTSHORT's;

4. allow Name's to derive CURIE's.

With the above simple amendments, I am confident that I can
specify a workable tokenizer and Jacc grammar for a new
version of my BLD->XML tool.

In order to speed things up a bit, it would be nice if the
above issues could be settled soon, so that I can proceed
with the new release.  I will be travelling starting
tomorrow and will spend the whole month of October working
in ILOG France.  I will not attend this F2F in NYC - not
even remotely (in fact I will be in planes most of its
duration). I will attend the F2F debrief planned for next
Tuesday's telecon.  Only after then will I have time to
start implementing the above amendments.

Have a fun F2F in NY, NY (my kinda town!)...

Cheers,

-hak
--
Hassan At-Kaci  *  ILOG, Inc. - Product Division R&D
http://koala.ilog.fr/wiki/bin/view/Main/HassanAitKaci