RE: PS grammar question

MK > As I said, I don't object. My only concern is that we should not make it too
MK > complicated. Throwing a few delimiters here and there should make it
MK > parsable with reasonably little change.

I am glad that you agree.

MK > This is not the only problem that exists in PS due to gratuitous objections
MK > early on. I see couple of others, which I would be happy to get rid of:
MK >
MK > 1. The requirement that each symbol appears in a unique context.
MK >    Not only this constraint has no good reason to exist, it creates
MK >    difficulties in DTB when we want to define polyadic builtins.

I fully agree with you. I had myself voiced the same concern when that
was decided (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2007Apr/0040.html).

> 2. The requirement that every variable must be *explicitly* quantified.
>    This just makes the test cases hard to read and is totally unnecessary.

I agree as well.

-hak
--
Hassan Aït-Kaci  *  ILOG, Inc. - Product Division R&D
http://koala.ilog.fr/wiki/bin/view/Main/HassanAitKaci