Re: PS grammar question

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:15:25 -0700
"Hassan Ait-Kaci" <hak@ilog.com> wrote:

> > Looks like a typo. Should be <http:...> or the full "..."^^rif:iri
>
> I surmised so, but wanted to check. Harold should confirm or explain.
>
> What about the following remark (which is really causing me a problem):
>
> > PS/ BTW, the PS grammar's tokenizing is now complexified due to using PS
> >     to declare Prefix and Base pragmas not using double-quoted strings
> >     around the IRI's. The alternative would be to parse IRI's - which is
> >     beyond such a prototype's goal. In the canonical PS, all such IRI's
> >     are double-quoted strings which greatly simplifies the tokenizing.
> >     It'd be as simple and as easy to do so for the Prefix and Base pragmas.
>
> Can we change the PS syntax to require double-quotes around the IRI's
> in the pragmas Prefix and Base? (I call them pragmas because all they do
> is declare the IRI name spaces used in CURIE shorthands.) It would be a
> simple amendment to the PS BNF and would immensely simplify implementing
> a lexer for the PS.

The PS syntax is abstract (for the most part). It does not specify the
delimiters and such (because some people were adamantly against "yet another
language").

We could either add delimiters to PS and make it into a parsable language
or do it separately. The first route would probably be preferable if the old
objections won't be raised again.

michael