RE: Congratulations on Christian's and co. courage

So you have identical content in events A1, A2.
Then event B occurs.
Apply rule C <= AB
You get C1, C2.

Unless... you apply a higher priority rule to "remove" / invalidate A2
(or cleanse the event stream first in a separate process / ruleset).

Or if dupes are common, you might handle it in your rules:
C <= AB & !(AAB)

[In TIBCO's CEP-rule engine, and without regard to RIF sensitivities, we
might handle this by running event de-duping in the "event
pre-processor" - allows for event handling before activating the rule
engine. In a RIF context, or another BRE, I would simply have a separate
de-dedupe ruleset and run that before the C <= AB rule(set)].

Hope this helps.

Paul Vincent
TIBCO | Business Optimization | Business Rules & CEP

SkyScan