Re: AW: [RIF-APS] Rules Sign

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:39:36 +0200
To: Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>
CC: Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>, Adrian Paschke <adrian.paschke@biotec.tu-dresden.de>, public-rif-wg@w3.org

Chris Welty wrote:

> My proposal is to *change* -> to be used for implication and not frames,
> and instead use :: for frames.  Then add <- => and <=.  The extra - and
> = is ridiculous.

Why not use = for frames instead, as in obj[prop = val]?

As I suggested on IRC during last week's telecon, that would reflect the semantics that the frame is true iff the value of property 'prop' for object 'obj' is equal to 'val'.

And it would open the door to extensions that would accept other accessors, as in

obj[prop test val]

where 'test' is a binary builtin predicate and the semantics is that the frame is true iff:
exists ?v, obj[prop = ?v] and test(?v val)