From: Boley, Harold [mailto:Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca]
Sent: Mon 9/1/2008 3:23 PM
To: Hassan Ait-Kaci; Adrian Paschke; public-rif-wg@w3.org
Subject: RE: [RIF-Abridge PS] ACTION-569

Hi Hassan,

In the 26 Aug telecon we only decided to create a page for the *abridged* syntax.
Cf. ACTION: http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/569

* The APS is not normative but just a compact notation,
which should become dialect-independent,
as needed, e.g., for UCR and the test cases.
* The APS is an optional addition only.
* The APS evolution can thus follow a different time-line,
so should be decoupled from the evolution of the other documents.

The PS, on the other hand, is an official part of documents such as BLD (in LC),
FLD, and Core. Each of these documents should stay independent from APS.

Best,
Harold