Re: [PRD] PICK specification (round 3)

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:54:33 -0400
To: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
CC: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

All,

A small correction/precision re the agreed on specification for PICK: wrt recency, we agreed that "most recent first" (what Gary called LIFO) will be in the one strategy to be normatively specified.

That is, the precise strategy is: "remove refracted instances, then select instances with highest priority, then select most recent instances, then use whatever selection method you want, if there is still a tie".

Christian de Sainte Marie wrote:

> [...]
>
>> Second, we order A by (priority, age).  We order by decreasing
>> priority, then by increasing or decreasing age, depending on whether
>> PICK's order argument is LIFO or FIFO, respectively.

Changed to:
<<Second, we order A by decreasing priority, then by increasing age.>>