Re: [PRD] PICK specification --> comment

Paul Vincent wrote:

> [PV>] Well, the definition of ruleflow *normally* is the orchestration
> for execution of rulesets. It therefore follows that rulesets A followed
> by B followed by C will be in scope at disjoint times, and are therefore
> exclusive.

Sorry for being so naive about rule-flow, but my question was: why would conflict resolution not be required during the execution of each separate ruleset?

> By the way, it's probably worth mentioning that CR AFAIK refers to "rule
> conflicts" ie the choice between 2 rules, not 2+ rule instance ordering
> for execution. I'm not sure what the term for rule instance ordering is
> ... maybe rule instance ordering?

Hmmm... Yes, for ordering properties like priority, that are attached to a rule, not an instance; but refraction is (at least in some cases) applied at the rule instance level; and recency as well. Or is recency applied at the rule level (that is: all the instances of the rule are as recent as its most - or least - recent instance) in Blaze or Tibco?

Cheers,