Re: [PRD] PRD Review By Example

Gary and all,

I just browsed through your comments, yet, so this is only a quick comment re the subject: trying the semantics with examples is a very good thing, indeed. But I suggest that you try the semantics in the July FPWD, or wait a couple more days for the current wiki version to be updated.

Just as a reminder: although there is no specific warning in the current draft on the wiki, the "rules and ruleset" section is not uptodate, as I said during the PRD telecon (but maybe not clearly enough).

It is mostly the version that was published in July, with a couple ad hoc changes, but not aligned with the remainder of the document anymore. E.g., as Gary notices, the notion of an instance of a rule is still used, but it is not defined anymore, etc.

My understanding was that that part (the semantics of rulesets, including conflict resolution) would be the main subject of our discussion in Orlando, and I planned to have it tidied by next Tuesday.

Gary, actually, I think that it would be interesting if you could try your example on the smenatics as it is described in the FPWD, since I do not plan to change anything re the content, only align the form to the editorial changes in the other parts of the document.

Cheers,

Christian