Re: [PRD] PRD TF telecon Tuesday 7 Oct

From: Gary Hallmark <gary.hallmark@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 16:03:48 -0700
To: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
CC: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

I updated RIF-PRD Section 3.3 Operational Semantics of Actions to
express the semantics in terms of a transition system from a semantic
structure I to a related semantic structure I'.  The goal is to be able
to remove uses/definition of W and of substitution, ground substution,
etc..  There are many places that need to be updated.  E.g. "fireable
instances" should be defined as those rules whose condition has truth
value *t* in the current semantic structure.  I offer only this small
section as a "preview" of what needs to happen to integrate the model
theory of rule conditions into the overall operational theory of PRD..