Re: Reference vs import <-- RIF Core shortened

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:57:05 +0100
To: Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>
CC: Gary Hallmark <gary.hallmark@oracle.com>, RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Chris Welty wrote:

> I'm trying to focus the discussion on this point.  It sounds like
> prd:member and bld:member are different.  Discussion about the
> use(ful|less)ness of their presence or absence is irrelevant.
>
> Are they different?

What makes you think they might be different?

Patrick mentioned that problem with frame slots being multi-valued, whereas object attributes being more usually single-valued in PRD, but I do not see that it is relevant to the semantics of prd:member VS bld:member.

The semantics of prd:member in the current draft is identical to the semantics of bld:member, as far as I can see; and, as far as I can see, there is no reason why it should change.