Re: Reference vs import <-- RIF Core shortened

Gary Hallmark wrote:

> I do not think it is accurate.  Almost all production rules have a
> notion of pattern, and this corresponds to the conjunction of a
> membership formula and a frame formula.  If Core has no membership
> notion at all, then almost no production rule will also be a Core rule.
> This makes Core embarassingly small, and that makes us look like we have
> not tried hard enough to interoperate between the production rule and
> logic rule communities.

+1

Core without membership tests means that the useful intersection of Core and PRD is close to nil, whereas the useful intersection of BLD and PRD is not, which would make Core a strange animal...

(That's assuming that the membership relations in PRD and BLD are the same. If it appeared that they are different, a different syntax will have to be introduced for one of them, as Chris pointed out; but that is a different discussion).

Cheers,