Re: Reference vs import <-- RIF Core shortened

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:34:50 +0100
To: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: kifer@cs.sunysb.edu, Paul Vincent <pvincent@tibco.com>, Gary Hallmark <gary.hallmark@oracle.com>, Patrick Albert <palbert@ilog.fr>, "Boley, Harold" <Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>, Adrian Paschke <Adrian.Paschke@gmx.de>, Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>, RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Dave Reynolds wrote:

> So presumably Core (and therefore BLD) needs to support that import
> profile in order to be useful for PR systems, right?
>
> That raises an interesting question. Should the conformance clauses for
> BLD and Core explicitly mention import profiles? Currently
> producers/consumers in the conformance clauses are only parametrized by
> datatypes and by builtins.

Funny you ask this: I had that same question on my own agenda :-)

What is the status of the RDF and OWL compatibility spec wrt BLD conformance?

And: yes, I believe that once we have a spec on importing XML (data or schema), it should be supported by Core and BLD as well (and that is with my chair's hat on :-)