Re: RIF Core shortened

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:56:35 +0100
To: Gary Hallmark <gary.hallmark@oracle.com>
CC: kifer@cs.sunysb.edu, Patrick Albert <palbert@ilog.fr>, Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Boley, Harold" <Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>, Adrian Paschke <Adrian.Paschke@gmx.de>, Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>, RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Gary Hallmark wrote:

> One can give semantics to a ruleset that imports an xml document
> containing:
>
> [...]
>
> The semantics is defined by translating to facts (in fact, the last 3
> example facts above).

Ok, I see what I missed.

But the semantics can be specified without translating the facts into PRD frames and asserting them: we only need the data source and/or the data model to entail the frames that need be matched, I think; and we need the semantics of conditions to make sure that these entailments are added as soon as the data model/data source is referenced, of course (not sure about the terminology: I hope that you understand what I mean :-(

Cheers,