RE: [RIF] test case dialect indicators

Ok, so it looks like for test cases that are core, we should indicate also
whether they are safe or not.

One thing that wasn't clear to me (from the Core document) is whether PRD
extends core or safe-core.  The last paragraph of the overview says core
is a syntactic subset of PRD but that some core rules would be unsafe in
PRD, so safe-core is defined. But if complete-core is a syntactic subset
of PRD then those unsafe rules must be allowed according to the PRD spec
anyway, so why define the safe subset of core?

Stella

"Boley, Harold" <Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Sent by: public-rif-wg-request@w3.org
11/11/2008 02:11 PM

Stella Mitchell/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, "RIF WG" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [RIF] test case dialect indicators

Stella,

I would say yes:
The resolutions on Core are implemented; only a few issues are open
(to become editors' notes in FPWD).

We recently noticed that several examples in the current BLD spec are
actually Core examples. So, we might generalize them for the BLD spec
and keep them for the Core spec.

We cannot be sure about a few BLD/Core feature adjustments that could
be needed later, but dialect labeling in UCR would be helpful at this
time.

When the Core spec seems unclear for the purpose of such labeling,
could you draw our attention to it?

Harold