Re: RIF UCR --> RIF UC

Gary Hallmark wrote:

> I like the work Adrian has done on the document.  The examples look much
> more uniform, and provide a much better introduction to the spec.  I
> also appreciate the fact the Adrian's changes have been available on the
> wiki for some time for all to see.  Can you honestly say upon reading
> that you wouldn't like to delete every "Motivates" section?

No, I agree.

> Aren't they
> very uneven, and don't most seem to require a huge stretch of the use case?

Uneven - yes, stretch - not so huge, at least for the use cases I cared
about :-)

> And the Goals, Critical Success Factors, etc?  Too many words, too many
> pictures.  Makes it look like we wasted a year with little output so we
> dressed it up a lot :-)

:-) I actually think the requirements work was not a waste of time but
we made less use of it in guiding the work that I had hoped.

> If not deleted, it should be condensed and
> followed with a frank discussion of what requirements the current spec
> does and does not address.

My concern is the requirements don't get lost. If the consensus is to
put them in another document or a web site or a condensed appendix of
this one then, then I'd be OK with that.

BTW the example BLD rules for case 2.8 ought to use the frame syntax
since the data being transformed is in RDF.

Dave