OBR->BLD translation prototype

From: Gary Hallmark <gary.hallmark@ORACLE.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:22:43 -0700
To: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>
I started with the RIF BLD XML Schema as of Monday and wrote a
translator for Oracle Business Rules to RIF BLD.  It's complete enough
to translate the 2 rules of Use Case 1 (expressed in OBR) to BLD.  It
uses frames instead of relations.
I attached a screen shot of the rules in a "business analyst friendly"
editor, and the RIF XML output file.  I can give a live demo at the F2F
if there is interest, and talk about some issues, like the missing
builtins for durations that are needed for this use case.
You'll notice I didn't bother (yet) making the IRIs look like
http://blah.blah/blah to make the XML a little easier to read and to
relate back to OBR.

UC1.JPG
(image/jpeg attachment: UC1.JPG)