Re: escaping quotes

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 16:22:18 +0200
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
CC: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>, Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>, "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Sandro Hawke wrote:
> Maybe we can focus on issues in the XML syntax instead?

Since it seems that (at least some of) the problems with the PS are
related to the PS2XML mapping; since the PS is a convenience and, as
such, precisely specified only wehere needed; and since, until resolved
otherwise, only the XML will be normative, shouldn't we specify the XML
syntax precisely and derive the PS from the XML, rather than the reverse?

(And: no, it is not too late to change the organisation of BLD and
switch to that mode; esp. if it saves us time wrt such issues as
metadata/group, Const/CURIEs etc).