Re: Consts/CURIEs in PS (was Re: DTB status (on today's agenda) )

Michael Kifer wrote:
> Cool!
>
> There is only one little thing. Right now the spec allows "aliases" for
> symbol space names. Those aliases are not required to be IRIs (otherwise I
> do not see a purpose for them). So, something like
>
> "abc"^^foobar&>%$
>
> is also possible (in principle). It would be wrong to write it as
>
> "abc"^^<foobar&>%$>
>
> since foobar&>%$ is not an iri.
>
> On the other hand, I do not see those aliases as terribly useful in any
> form or shape. I included them because Jos wanted them. So, I would be
> perfectly happy to throw them out.

I think there was a misunderstanding.  I was only advocating the
possibility of having aliases that are also IRIs.  (the reason for
allowing aliases is compatibility with other semantic Web languages)

Best, Jos

--
Jos de Bruijn            debruijn@inf.unibz.it
+390471016224         http://www.debruijn.net/