Re: [Fwd: Re: [DTB] Datatypes and Built-ins first run to clean up and extend the initial list]

Axel wrote:

> > A given IRI is interpreted as some abstract object in a given
> > interpretation.  I do not understand how a casting function for such
> > abstract objects can be defined in a meaningful way.
>
> yes, it seems hairy/impossible to define it properly within the current
> FLD framework, because I can, even if I assume fixed interpretations for
> cast-functions, not "access" the lexical representation from this fixed
> interpretation...

It seems to me that the problem is with an inappropriate use of IRIs.
You seem to be treating them as a data type, while IRIs are like RDF
resources, and thus are not data types.
Maybe you need to introduce a data type for what you want (not sure).

	--michael