Re: Grammar presentation syntax FLD and BLD

From: Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 15:03:33 +0100
To: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>
CC: Gary Hallmark <gary.hallmark@oracle.com>, RIF <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

>> The problem is the test cases.  Aren't they "official"?  And yet I would
>> like them to be readable (and writable), and I don't think it is
>> desirable to have each test case be in a different language, as Sandro
>> suggests.  Implementers would get a lot of valuable ideas about how to
>> build their translators from reading the test cases, but only if they
>> can read the test cases.
>
> In test cases it is ok, I think.
 >
 > In the test cases, you can simply write at the top that you use such and
 > such conventions (and I would also repeat the curie convention there).
 > We should use the same set of conventions for all the test cases.

Right.  I think it would be a good idea to use presentation syntax for
many of the test cases.
Including some text near the top of the document which explains all the
shortcut syntax used in the test cases  seems the way to go.

Best, Jos

--
                          debruijn@inf.unibz.it

Jos de Bruijn,        http://www.debruijn.net/
One man that has a mind and knows it can
always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
   -- George Bernard Shaw