Re: AW: [PRD] ACTION-531 Update PRD examples complete

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:22:59 +0200
To: Adrian Paschke <adrian.paschke@biotec.tu-dresden.de>
CC: kifer@cs.sunysb.edu, "'Paul Vincent'" <pvincent@tibco.com>, "'RIF WG'" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Adrian Paschke wrote:

> Typical examples are business rules, such as
>
> If customer is premium customer then discount 10%
> If customer is silver customer then discount 5%
>
> It would make sense to present them independent from a particular dialect
> such as PRD or BLD as they can be formalized in both dialects.

I mention this kind of rules as a PR in example 1.1. But they cannot be
generally expressed in BLD, because the RHS is really an Assign
(changing the value of the discount).

I used the "Gold custmoer status" rule, instead, in examples 1.1 and
1.2, because that one, which is also one of the paradigmatic examples of
a business rule, can be expressed as the Assert of a "Gold(?customer)"
predicate (and is, thus, equally expressible in BLD and PRD).

Cheers,

Christian