Re: DTB semantics for PRD

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:42:46 +0200
To: kifer@cs.sunysb.edu
CC: RIF WG Public list <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Michael Kifer wrote:

> In fact, I think the semantics of the condition formulas in BLD could be used
> in the same way as above to make a stronger connection between PRD and BLD. The
> only major thing in BLD that is not applicable to PRD is the semantics for the
> PRD rules.

Well, that is basically what I had in mind when I wrote the first
version of the semantics for PRD...

But, then, you (and others) told me that it was an abomination to mix
model theoretic and operational semantics in such a way, so, I just
melted out of shame, retracted, confessed, and started again from
scratch (not that the second try was any more successful, but tha's a
different story).

Now, I am a bit afraid: if I try to do something like that again, wont I
be burnt at the stake for heresy and relapse?

:-)

Christian