Re: Editorial issues around DTB (and also for BLD, SWC and FLD)

Jos de Bruijn wrote:
>> I still realized two editorial issues around DTB:
>>
>> 1. We adopt the xdt datatyes yearMonthDuration and dataTimeDuration
>> where I just realized, that we use the xdt: namespace here, which is:
>> http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-datatypes whereas in DTB, I accidently
>> wrote xs:yearMonthDuration, xs:dayTimeDuration.
>
> xs is *correct*. See:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-xpath-functions-20070123/#dt-yearMonthDuration
>
> xdt was in an earlier draft, I believe

ah, fine, dunno how I stumbled over that, sorry for the confusion then,
everything fine then! I see now: google tricked me... when i looked for
yearMonthDuration I accidently got to an old WD as the first link, weird.

>> - We should add the xdt namespace in Section 1 of DTB, and
>> - I would change xs:yearMonthDuration, xs:dayTimeDuration to
>>   xdt:yearMonthDuration, xdt:dayTimeDuration, respectively
>>   throughout the document.

void then.

>> 2. In DTB we use consistently "data type" instead of "datatype", In
>> BLD, and FLD both occur, SWC uses consistently "datatype"... What
>> shall we use?
>
> The latter, because the former does not make sense and the latter is
> consistently used in (I think all) specs relevant to us

It was basically, I guess, because the document started with onyl the
title "Data Types and Builtins" ... I am anyway fine to change it to
Datatypes consistently, without wanting to discuss whether one or the
other makes "more sense", I just want it consistent. ;-)

best,
Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres, Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)

Everything is possible:
rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:Resource.
rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subPropertyOf.
rdf:type rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subClassOf.
rdfs:subClassOf rdf:type owl:SymmetricProperty.