Re: [Fwd: Re: PRD Review]

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 17:02:38 +0200
To: Gary Hallmark <gary.hallmark@oracle.com>
CC: RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Gary Hallmark wrote:

>>> In OBR the strategy is per-rule or per-group and it means "nothing
>>> this rules actions do can directly refire the rule" although rule A
>>> can trigger rule B that can trigger rule A, etc.
>>

>> I do not get it: can you give me an example?
>
> Do(Retract(?emp[salary->?salary])
> ?emp[salary->func-numeric-multiply(?salary 1.1)]
> :-
> And(?emp#Employee ?emp[salary->?salary] pred:numeric-less-than(?salary
> 100000))
>
> In OBR and Jess, the above rule will give every employee with salary
> less than 100000 a 10% raise
> only if no-repeat (metadata attached to the rule) is true.  If no-repeat
> is false, then the above rule will keep increasing employees' salaries
> by 10% until every employee earns at least 100000.

This is also what the no-repeat strategy would give you, as it is
specified in the draft. I would have been interesting to get feedback
from the larger community. Anyway...

I have not yet removed that section. I will do it later today. I also
still have to do some ironing, after the changes I made.

I will let you know as soon as the draft is frozen and ready for your
GO/noGO review.

Cheers,