Re: [PRD] Issues to resolve before publication (NAU)

Christian de Sainte Marie wrote:

> It might be clearer if it is correct :-)
Why the declare? Why not just
<pattern identifier="?x">

Also we shoudl not have to use a bound variable for field constraints:
?x[color->yellow; type->angel]

That should just be
<pattern identifier="?x"> Fish and [color->yellow; type->angel]</pattern>
The identifier is optional and used for later variable bindings, evals
and actions. i.e. it could be
<pattern> Fish and [color->yellow; type->angel]</pattern>

> Christian de Sainte Marie wrote:
>>
>> <Forall>
>>    <declare>
>>       <Var> ?x </Var>
>      </declare>
>>    <pattern> ?x#Fish and ?x[color->yellow; type->angel] </pattern>
>>    <formula>
>>       <Implies>
>>          <then> (if-part empty and, thus, omitted)
>>             <Retract> ?x </Retract>
>> (we did not decide the syntax for deleting an object yet, but it
>> could be to retract the variable that is bound to it)
>>             <Assert>...
that would make sense and consistent with how all PR systems work. An
pattern must be bound in order to retract the bound object.

--
JBoss, a Division of Red Hat
Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire,