Re: [PRD] Issues to resolve before publication (NAU)

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:57:51 +0200
To: Mark Proctor <mproctor@redhat.com>
CC: Gary Hallmark <gary.hallmark@oracle.com>, RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Mark Proctor wrote:
> I was just referring to this:
> http://www.ilog.com/products/jrules/documentation/jrules67/rsrules/rs_rul_techrule3.html
> Fish(color==yellow; type==angel);

Oh, ok! That is typically where I would use a binding pattern, and I
would rather have used a Frame than an NAU to translate that rule:

     ?x: Fish(color==yellow; type==angel);
     retract ?x;
     insert Fish(yellow, shark);

would give (in abridged PRD XML):

       <Var> ?x </Var>
    <pattern> ?x#Fish and ?x[color->yellow; type->angel] </pattern>
          <then> (if-part empty and, thus, omitted)
             <Retract> ?x </Retract>
(we did not decide the syntax for deleting an object yet, but it could
be to retract the variable that is bound to it)
(same: we did not decide on the syntax for creating an object yet).