Re: model theory of error [Yes, proposing one!]

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:52:13 +0100
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
CC: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>, RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> What's wrong, from your perspective, in saying that the default
> semantics are (a), but implementations might not conform to the
> semantics for formulae with built-ins when there is an error?

Well, from a perspective where RIF is meant as a standard, I would
prefer if the rule would be that implementations conform rather than the
reverse...

This would be my preference; but, again, most of all, I want us to
consider the question for all the relevant perspectives before we make a
decision. And, to me, not considering how widely used rule languages
handle the case would be missing an important point.