Re: model theory of error

Michael Kifer wrote:

> Christin says that we should hand-waive in defining the semantics, while I
> am saying that we should hand-waive in defining compliance.
>
> The result is pretty much the same, but the difference is big: people
> expect that the semantics is formal and the compliance clause is not.

Depends what people you are talking to, of course :-)

So, in making a decision, we must also consider the alternative.

Especially since I would expect - but I may be wrong - that the people
who are our primary target, that is, people who want to implement a
standard format for interchanging rules between "established or new rule
languages", would have some expectation wrt the compliance clause.