Re: RIF test cases

> it would be nice if we could allow the syntax in this example test case,
> i.e.
> p(a->1 b->2)
> as a friendly version of  the more syntactically correct
> p^^rif:local(a^^rif:local->1^^xsd:int b^^rif:local->2^^xsd:int)
> for reasons that should be self-evident.

To separate the issues there slightly (and not go into the question of
whether the Presentation Syntax should be more readable), I imagine the
test-cases machinery to be language-agnostic.  We can have test cases
(probably unofficial ones) in proprietary languages, etc.  So, at least,
there's no problem with making up a rule languages and having some test
cases in it.  I'd hope that anyone putting forward such a
language/test-case would provide an on-line service to translate to/from
RIF (XML), and/or some code that can be thrown into the test-case
management software.

       -- Sandro