Re: BLD mini-review

Dave Reynolds wrote:

> (e) Given that the elements are qualified I think the attributes should
> also be qualified. At least 'type' should become 'rif:type'.

OK, that's not much of an argument and the choice is not clear cut.

One line of argument is that there might be future dialects where we
might want to mix RIF rules and other XML data (e.g. RDF data in
RDF/XML) within a single document and that qualified attributes
(especially rif:type given the existence of the quite different
rdf:type) might give a better foundation for such future extensions.

However, I realize that for many XML people (I do not count myself as
such) attributes should generally be unqualified except for things like
xlink.

If anyone cases either way then fine. Treat this as a +0 vote rather
than a +1 vote (let alone a -1 anti-vote).

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England