Re: rif publications -- urgent for editors

Sandro Hawke wrote:

> Core:
>    404  http://www.jdrew.org/rif/core/

That's a reference to the online version of the not-yet-written XML
Schemas. I've fixed that by replacing the reference by an editor's note.

Sorry about that, I spotted that via a link check ages ago and failed to
fix it.

>    MANY MANY broken links to BLD
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-rif-bld-20080730/
>     Broken fragments and their line numbers:
>         def-sem-preserving-map-from: 440
>         def-sem-preserving-map-to: 439
>         ex-rif-bld-namedargs-pres-syntax: 377
>         sec-xml-core: 387
>         ex-rif-bld-cond-pres-syntax: 369
>         part-rule-language: 375
>         ptr-closed-rif-condform: 446
>         part-condition-language: 368
>         ex-RIF-condition-serialization: 390
>         ex-rif-bld-annotatedgroup-pres-syntax: 376
>         ex-rif-bld-rule-pres-syntax: 376
>         ex-RIF-doc-with-annotation-serialization: 391
>    This is a mess.   I don't know how we can publish....   Maybe we
>    should take all these links out for now, until we're ready to publish
>    BLD?

These were all added by Michael when he removed all the BLD text from
Core and replaced it by references to BLD. I hadn't realized that the
BLD references he was making were to anchors not in published text.

> I had an idea for dealing with all those rif-core links to rif-bld.  I
> think I'll make an editors-draft snapshot of BLD now, and make the links
> point into that.  It's better than pointing to the wiki (they'll still
> work in the future), or to the Last Call draft (losing all the anchors).
> If anyone has any objections or better ideas, please speak up very soon.

Good plan.

>    Self-link broken:
>    Broken fragments and their line numbers:
>        def-bld-lang: 312

I can't figure out what that reference was supposed to be so I've
stripped out the link (preserved in a comment).

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England