Re: [DTB] summary of editorial issues (completes ACTION-552)

Axel Polleres wrote:

> Jos de Bruijn wrote:
>>
>> Axel Polleres wrote:

[snip]

>>> If the group is fine with
>>>
>>> pred:XMLLiteral-not-equals("<a/>"^^rdf:XMLLiteral
>>>                            "<a />"^^rdf:XMLLiteral)
>>>
>>> then fair enough. As far as I understood, XML prescribes some
>>> normalization of end-of-lines
>>>
>>>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#sec-line-ends
>>>
>>> and for white spaces in attribute values
>>>
>>>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#AVNormalize
>>>
>>> Do we need to bother about this?
>
> Any opinions about this?

Jos already dealt with this in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Aug/0141.html

rdf:XMLLiteral values correspond to normalized (exclusive
canonicalization) XML strings, including white space and line end
normalization so there is no need for additional normalization in
comparing such literals.

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England