Re: safety and external predicates

From: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:38:09 -0400
To: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Cc: Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>, "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:28:54 +0100
Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org> wrote:

> Chris Welty wrote:
> >
> > I still am not convinced that safeness is anything more than an academic
> > requirement for CORE.
>
> Even if my background is academic, let me try to roll up my previous
> arguments made so far from what I'd consider an implementation-oriented
> viewpoint of CORE.

<skipping a very informative survey :-)>

Axel,

As far as I understand from the overall message, Chris' question was whether
decidability is an academic issue. Whether it is PR or LP, people do not care.

Safety is an important issue for implementing special cases, but this was not
the question.

	cheers
	  --michael