Re: [Core] binding patterns (was: safety and external predicates)

As we discussed (a few months) earlier, binding patterns have no meaning
outside of a particular evaluation algorithm (procedural semantics). It is
therefore not clear how to incorporate them in the current spec, which is
supposed to be independent of the procedural things.

michael