Re: RIF BLD update

From: Hassan At-Kaci <hak@ilog.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:49:13 -0700
To: "Boley, Harold" <Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
CC: W3C RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Boley, Harold wrote:
> Hi Hassan,
>
> I did this BLD update relevant for your tool:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/index.php?title=BLD&diff=1136&oldid=1130
>
> Cheers,
> Harold

Thanks for the notice.

I have finished specifying and have implemented 90% of my simple
grammar annotation scheme that is general enough to support all
the kinds of context-sensitive XML serialization rules that you
have devised in the BLD document. It mostly works and I hope to
release it to the WG within this week. It will basically allow to
serialize the BLD "human-readable" syntax into a RIF BLD XML tree
simply by annotating relevant grammar rules and/or terminal symbols
in the grammar. The first version of it works but I need to test it
further and finish documenting it, so I can hope to make it available
to anyone interested to use it within a few days.

Yet to be done also to perfect the tool is to make it infer the
XML schema from the grammar annotations. I hope to do that eventually
as well in the coming weeks.

The real test of course will be to develop similarly annotated grammars
for actual rule languages targeting the BLD/XML schema. I myself will
try my luck with ILOG's Rules Language while we extend the BLD  to
support production rules.

Cheers,

-hak
--
Hassan At-Kaci  *  ILOG, Inc. - Product Division R&D
http://koala.ilog.fr/wiki/bin/view/Main/HassanAitKaci