naming conventions

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:51:04 -0400
To: public-rif-wg@w3.org

One thing on the critical path to an XML syntax that we didn't get to at
the F2F was the naming of syntactic elements in BLD.  cf:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/BLD_Name_Issues

Procedurally, we can keep changing the element names until Last Call,
but as time goes on, it'll be harder and harder to change them because
they'll be written down in more and more places.

Maybe we can't pick good names now, until we have some other dialects,
so shouldn't bother trying.

My inclination is to try an on-line straw poll on the names, now, using
WBS.  But I'm not terribly inclined to do that work if folks aren't
interested.  Quick thoughts?  (+1, +0, -0, etc.  [1])

    -- Sandro

[1] The +1 convention comes from Apache.   They have some cute examples
    on their voting page, http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
    The whole page is worth reading.