Re: minimal requirements for Arch document

From: Igor Mozetic <igor.mozetic@ijs.si>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:58:52 +0200
To: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: Michael Kifer <kifer@cs.sunysb.edu>, public-rif-wg@w3.org

Dave Reynolds wrote:

> Michael Kifer wrote:
>
>> In BLD, if we have a##b and b[foo->bar] then it does not follow that
>> a[foo->bar]. But a true object-oriented extension (a la F-logic, for
>> example)
>> would add nonmon inheritance and a[foo->bar] would follow.
>
> The possibility that such an extension might be wanted is another good
> argument why ## should not be in BLD. Such an interpretation of ## would
> be in conflict with other interpretations such as RDFS/OWL and should
> use a different predicate.

I'm confused now.
My understanding so far was that the main argument against ##
was that we do not need yet another subclass relation, since
there already is one in rdfs and owl.
But apparently rdfs:subclassOf cannot be extended to cover the
above case. So apparently we do need something new, which can then
be extended (in various ways) to cover both,
rdfs:subclassOf and the above case (and other variants).

Regards,
Igor