Re: wiki history

Sandro Hawke wrote:

> Yesterday, Harold said some wiki pages, like Core/Positive_Conditions
> have important text which was deleted more than 100 revisions ago and
> that MoinMoinWiki's history function does not provide access to such
> pages.
>
> I just I figured out how to change it.  I raised the limit to 1000.

Shall we pass a resolution about that?

PROPOSED: to limit the number of modifications to any section of any
document to 1000. If a section of a document reaches 1000 changes before
the document is a REC, that section is frozen until the document is a REC.

Or, alternatively:

PROPOSED: to limit the number of modifications to any section of any
document to 1000. If a section of a document reaches 1000 changes before
the document is a REC, the document is thrown away entirely and a new
document started from scratch.

The first version is based on the idea that, at some point, we must just
decide that enough is enoug, an 1001 changes is as good a point as
anything; the alternative is based on the idea that a document on which
we cannot converge after that many changes is a bad document anyway.

Do I put these for discussion on the agenda for next week?