Re: evaluable predicates, general definition

Michael Kifer wrote:
> Of course, binding patterns should be given in the specification of each
> builtin. But why put what you are suggesting into the definition of a model
> theory?

I never suggested that? Actually, I must then have understood you wrong,
but didn't you ask for a model-theoretic definition of built-ins?

You wrote:
> What do you mean by "works"? I was talking about a model-theory.  I did not
> find a model-theoretic definition (for binding patterns) in what you wrote
> below.

Ok, everything that needs to be said in terms of model-thery is that the
interpretation of those predicates is fixed, and that is simple,  is
that what you mean? If so, perfectly fine for me. I just ried to give a
deinition of binding paterns that makes sense, wherever we put it, and
we also seem to agree that we need it somewhere..

> How is it going to change anything?

What is "it"?!? I don't understand.

> Model theory is about entailment.

yes.

> What diff is it going to make?

???? I think we simply don't disagree. So, about exactly what are we
arguing here? :-)

Axel