Re: [TED] ACTION-306: suggestions for abstract syntax

I like the ability to have ground facts not wrapped in a forall.
I don't like the ability to have free variables (not scoped in a forall)

To me, a better solution would be have rulesets consist of ground facts
and implications.  Implications must be wrapped in a forall and ground
facts must not be wrapped in a forall and must not contain variables.

Is the intent of an ATOMIC formula with variables to be a query?

 From the spec: an ATOMICformula, for representing facts, that is,
Implies where the then-part is always true and is omitted, by convention;

Doesn't this represent a query?  Isn't a fact an Implies where the
IF-part is always true?

--

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Gary Hallmark | Architect | +1.503.525.8043