Re: Datamodel Strawman (ACTION-298)

> Michael Kifer wrote:

> > Typed variables is a step that requires either sorts or a RIF data model
> > (at least the classification terms introduced in the current document).
>
> I do not understand that: why cannot be the data model external to RIF
> (e.g., an uder-defined object model) and imported by reference?

This may have become clearer after the discussion at today's telecon.
Basically, to utilize an external data model we need to have "proxy"
concepts for the data modeling concepts of the external model.
And to make the exchange possible, these proxy concepts must be
standard in RIF in some sense.

	--michael