SAWSDL

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:51:52 +0100
To: RIF <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

I noticed that "Semantic Annotations for WSDL and XML Schema" has now
reached proposed recommendation status [1].

I wonder if this is relevant to RIF.

I've not studied the spec in detail but it gives a way to annotate an
XML Schema to link schema elements to semantic model elements and
specify transformations between XML instance documents and semantic models.

This could be a way to to relate XML Schema elements to RIF predicates
and frames.

I see the WG included IBM, ILOG and DERI so wondered if there is anyone
on RIF who has been tracking the SAWSDL work and could comment on
whether this is something that we should be exploiting.

Dave

[Seems to be my week for filling up the RIF list, sorry if this one is
too much off topic.]

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/PR-sawsdl-20070705/
--
Hewlett-Packard Limited