Re: [UCR] ISSUE-12 and ACTION6198

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:31:59 -0500
To: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>, RIF WG <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

> Let us pick one of the boundary cases to ground the discussion. What
> about the set of builtins/functions such as one for access to an
> external SPARQL data source.

Good idea -- can you flesh this out a little more, though?  Do you have
a feature like this in Jena Rules?  Can you show an example -- even if
it's not in Jena rules -- what might it look like?

My hypothesis is that there's nothing users particularly need that is
specific to a "Semantic Web" rule language.   But maybe this SPARQL
feature is an example.  (Is there a corresponding SQL feature one might
want?)