Re: Another try at subclass

Chris Welty wrote:

> Axel,
>
> If you write out the models you'll see its the correct way around in my
> proposal.
>
> Axel Polleres wrote:
>> but rdfs:subclass implies all kinds of other things wwhich we don't
>> want to be implied necessarily for rif:subClassOf on the other hand,
>> right?
>
> They won't be implied for rif:subClassOf, just for rdf:subClassOf.
>

>> e.g.:
>>
>> a rdfs:subClassOf b . x rdf:type a.
>>
>> RDFS-entails (even RDF entails)
>>
>> x rdf:type a.
>>

>> Do we also want:
>>
>> a rif:subClassOf b . x rdf:type b.

a rif:subClassOf b . x rdf:type a.

>> RDFS-entails
>>
>> x rdf:type b. ??
>
> Huh?  A typo here undoubtedly but I'm not sure where.

typo, see above.

>> (instead of *only*)

this was void... just was writing this in a rush, sorry.

>> If so, we also want to make
>>
>> rif:memberOf rdfs:subClassOf rdf:type

meant subProperty, yes, again, sorry for the hasty writing (airport).

> rif:memberOf is a property.  I think it is the same as rdf:type.

is it? Then all is fine & sorry for the confusion.

Axel, partially confused  ;-)

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
email: axel@polleres.net  url: http://www.polleres.net/

rdf:Resource owl:differentFrom xsd:anyURI .