RE: presenting data models in RIF

Excellent qu(s), Gary, although I interpreted Dave's qu as being "do
rules define data model". I had assumed a common, strict and
standardized mapping from say XSL to RIF frame definitions.

> How do I "bind" frames and relations in RIF to types and relationships
in XML schema?
PV> I had assumed a common, strict and standardized mapping from XSL to
RIF frame definitions. The XSL is shared between the RIF participants
(but does not need to be defined inside a RIF doc - it can be outside as
part of a larger XML transaction, or pre-defined).

> Given an element "http://someplace/line-item" and another element
"http://someplace/po" that contains a sequence of 0 or more line-item
elements, how do I write rules about po/@num = 123 and its related
line-items?
PV> ... where in a Java-based PR engine I might refer to po[123]. Or
effectively this is a query to find all po's lineitems which have
line-item "number" = 123...

> What are the frames? slots? Association between po and its related
line-items?

Paul Vincent
TIBCO | ETG/Business Rules