Re: presenting data models in RIF

Dave Reynolds wrote:

>>> and objected to by me as being out of scope of RIF
>>
>> Not clear how you determined that. Others seem to feel it is not out
>> of scope.
>
> The chairs were crystal clear at the last f2f that RIF is not supposed
> to create yet another W3C data modelling language, it even got written
> on the flip chart.

<chair>
Yes, precisely so.

But the other semantic web "modeling languages" (OWL and RDFS) were
not designed for interchange (between other languages). RIF's primary
design goal is facilitating this interchange.  There seems to me to be
an argument in favor of providing some minimal way of interchanging
class hierarchies without providing another modeling language...

However, it is a slippery slope.  As we are already seeing.

So - I'd rather not call this out of scope just yet.
</chair>

-Chris